Was just back from Italy and have this craving for tomato egg…
Easy recipe. Comfort food. Goes well with steamed rice.
INGREDIENTS: Serves 4
1 teaspoon cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon white pepper
1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
1 tablespoon Shao xing rice wine
2 tablespoons cooking oil
2 tomato, roughly chopped
1 tablespoon ketchup
1/4 teaspoon sugar
2 tablespoons water
1. In a small bowl, stir cornstarch with 2 tablespoons water. Set aside.
2. Break the eggs into a bowl and use chopsticks to beat the eggs until they break thoroughly. Add salt, sesame oil, shaoxing wine, white pepper, and lightly beat to blend well. Set aside.
3. Add the chopped tomatoes to the wok and stir-fry. Add the ketchup, water and sugar and cornstarch mixture. Stir well until the mixture has thickened slightly. Remove and set aside
4. Heat up a wok with 2 tablespoons cooking oil. Add the egg mixture into the wok, and use your spatula to spread the eggs ( like cooking scramble eggs). cook for about a minute till the eggs are tender.
5. Add the tomatoes into the eggs. Stir-fry until everything is mixed. Garnish with some parsley. Serve immediately.