Sometimes a little shortcut using ready sauces helps a lot to whip up a good and easy meal.
I’m using Singlong Black pepper sauce and you can cook this with chicken, beef or any of your favourite protein. Today, I’m cooking beef. You can add capsicum and that will bring some colours to the dish. I will be using broccoli today since I still have that in the fridge.
– 500g stir fry beef (sliced)
– 2 stalks of spring onions, sliced to 2 inches in length
– 1 medium onion, wedged
– 1/2 yellow/red/ green capsicum sliced into thin strips (if using)
– 1 broccoli, cut into mini florets
– 1 inch ginger, peeled and sliced
– 2 tbsp Canola oil
– 3tbsp Black pepper sauce
– 1/2tbsp sugar
– 2 tbsp water
1.5 tsp cornflour
1 tsp light soy sauce
2 tsp oyster sauce
1 tsp Chinese cooking wine
1/2 tsp black pepper powder
1. Dry sliced beef with kitchen towel and place sliced beef in a bowl.
2. Add in all marinate ingredients and mix well with beef. Cover with clingwrap and let sliced beef be marinated in fridge for at least 30min. I let it be marinated for 3 hours.
3. This step if using broccoli. Bring the water to boil and add a few drops of oil. Blanch the broccoli florets in the hot water, about 10 seconds. Remove the broccoli immediately with a strainer or slotted spoon, draining the excess water. Set aside.
4. Heat oil in frying pan (high heat).
5. Add ginger and onion and stir fry till fragrant. Add in spring onion and capsicum and stir fry till capsicum strips turn half cooked.
6. Add in marinated beef and loosen beef slices up before adding in black pepper sauce and sugar. Mix well to coat beef slices with sauce. Add in water and stir well. Add in the broccoli here if using.
7. Beef slices should be cooked in 3 to 4min. Dish out and serve immediately with plain rice.