I love clams and steam clams make a great starter dish or even a main dish for me :). It is such an easy dish to prepare and so flavourful.
Remember to have some of your favourite bread by the side to soak up the clam broth later! 😋
Clams in white wine Recipe (serves 2-4 as an appetizer)
3 tbsp unsalted butter (your preference but i prefer less saltiness for my palette)
3 cloves fresh garlic
1 large onion (I use the yellow or white onion)
1/2 cup dry white wine (well I added 1cup coz I really love my wine😅)
2pounds clams rinsed and cleaned
3 tbsp freshly parsley, chopped
1 small lemon cut into wedges (optional)
1. Melt butter in a medium pot over medium heat
2. Add garlic and onion. Cook garlic till fragrant and onion till translucent
3. Add wine and increase heat to medium high bringing wine to simmering boil
4. Add clams and cooked covered for 5 -7 minutes. Stir occasionally, until clams open.
5. Discard any clams still closed.
6. Add parsley and give pot a quick stir
7. Transfer clams and broth to a large serving bowl. Serve it withlemon wedges and some bread to dip into the clam broth