This is asian style olive fried rice. The teochew olive vegetable is used instead of the pickled olive. It is a paste like mixture of mustard greens and olive fruits pickled in oil. Savory and brings out the best in the fried rice.
I love cilantro and add lots of it in my cooking.
Ingredients: Serves 4 – 5
1 bottle Olive Vegetable (drain the oil and remove seeds if any) *see image below
3 cups overnight cooked rice (basmati rice would be preferred but you can use rice you prefer)
150g minced pork (beef or chicken is fine too)
4/5 Garlic, finely chopped
4/5 Shallots, finely chopped
1-2 bird’s eye chilli, finely chopped
1 Bunch cilantro, chopped
1 – 2tsp fish sauce (to taste)
1. Heat about 2 tbsp oil in the wok. Fry the garlic and shallots
2. Add the minced meat, fry till fragrant
3. And olive vegetable and chilli. Stir in wok and mix well.
4. Add the rice and mix well. Season with fish sauce
5. Add the cilantro, mix well and turn off the flame.
Olive Vegetable I bought at local supermarket