Honey Garlic Stir Fry Pork with Broccoli
Strips of pork tenderloin (or any pork mear you prefer) glazed with a sticky, sweet, spicy, garlicky, gingery sauce that is easy to whip up. Goes well with steam rice.
Add Sriracha for the extra punch.
Ingredients Serves 4
600g pork tenderloin cut into 1/4-inch thick strips, about 3 inches long
1/2tsp black pepper
5 cloves garlic peeled and minced
2-inch knob of fresh ginger grated
1/4 cup honey
2tbsp sriracha or chili garlic sauce
1tsp rice wine vinegar or white wine vinegar
1. In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the honey, sriracha, and rice wine vinegar. Set aside.
2. Boil a pot of water and blanched the broccoli. Take it out and run it through cold water and set aside
3. Sprinkle the pork strips with salt and black pepper then toss with your hands to distribute it evenly
4. Add oil into a heavy-bottomed skillet over medium high heat and swirl to coat. Let it heat until it is shimmering. Add the pork to the pan and brown both sides of the pork.Transfer the pork to a plate.
5. Return the pan to the heat and add in the garlic and ginger. Stir until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
6. Raise the heat to high and pour in the sauce mixture and bring to a boil, stirring frequently. When the sauce is very bubbly and somewhat thickened, toss the pork back in and toss constantly to coat everything and reduce the sauce to a thick, sticky glaze on the pork.
7. Place the broccoli on the serving plate. Remove the pork from the pan and plate them on top of the broccoli with sauce and all
8. Served immediately over rice.