Biscotti is thin wafer liked italian biscuit. I think it is rather healthy as ingredients are mainly egg white and your preferred nuts. You can use walnut, pistachios etc. This recipe, we are using almonds.
Its a twiced baked recipe but simple. Let’s start.
6 egg white
3/4 cup castor sugar
2 cup plain flour
1. Beat egg whites until soft peaks form, gradually beat in sugar. Beat well after each addition until all sugar is dissolved
2. Fold in sifted flour and whole almonds
3. Spread into greased bar tin ( I’m using a square 10 inch x 10 inch)
4. Bake in pre heated oven 12°C moderate oven 30 mins or until just firm. Remove from tin to cool.
5. When cooled, wrap in aluminium foil, put aside for one day.
6. Use a sharp knife and cut bread into wafer thin slices.
7. Put slices on to oven trays, bake in slow oven 45mins or until dry and crisp.
8. Cool it before bottling them.