Simple Thai Roast Chicken. Saw this recipe and decided to try it out. Love the thai style marinade.
Chicken was still juicy and tender.
2 lemongrass stalk, pale part only finely chopped
4 coriander roots, roughly chopped
8 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
1 tsp white pepper
3 tbsp fish sauce
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp dark soy sauce
1. Preheat oven to 170°C/340°F
2. Prepare the marinade. Use a mortar and pestle to pound the lemongrass, coriander root and garlic to a rough paste. Stir through the pepper, fish sauce, brown sugar and dark soy sauce.
3. Butterfly the chicken. Place the chicken in a roasting tin lined with foil. Spread the marinade over the chicken. Cook in the preheated oven for 25 minutes.
4. Take the chicken out of the oven and remove the foil. Use a brush to baste the chicken with the cooking juices.
5. Place the chicken back in the oven to roast for another 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
6. If the chicken is still not browned enough, baste the chicken again and place the chicken back in the oven, increase the temperature. Watch closely as it would brown quite fast.
7. When satisfied with the browning level, remove from oven, allow to rest for 5 minutes.
8. Cut the chicken into portions and serve