For us at home, sometimes simple dinner would be 3 dishes and a Chinese soup to go along with steam rice.
Tonight, besides the cod fish, I’m also preparing steam egg. Its a simple dish but the trick is to not overcook the egg, have a right consistency of egg vs water and the steam egg would turn up smooth and soft.
I would be sharing with you the right consistency that had not failed me no matter how many times I cook this 😆
Ingredients: Serves 4
Water, 15 halves shell of the egg (1 egg to 3 half shell of water. Use half the shell of the egg to measure the water.)
2 century egg (you may omit this is you dont take century egg)
pinch of salt
pinch of pepper
1 tsp dark soy sauce
1. Whisk the 5 eggs. Add the water, pinch of salt n pepper and whisk them together
2. Pour the egg into the pan, bowl or whatever you intend to use usually for steaming.
3. Place it into your steamer. Steam for about 7mins. You can open and check if the egg is ready. If not, just let it steam for another min.
4. When ready, turn off the fire.
5. Sort of pour the dark soy sauce all over the surface of the egg.
6. Garnish it with Cilantro if you like and Serve.
7. Goes well with steam rice.