This is another easy dish to work on. I love herbs and this recipe we would be use a variety of herbs – dried basil, oregano, rosemary and thyme. And because I have the herbs fresh in my garden, I used the fresh ones instead of the dried herbs.
The breast meat came out really tender and flavourful. And we all know chicken breast meat is a healthier choice ;).
If you are a fan of balsamic vinegar and chicken breast, you should give this a try. You can cut down the balsamic in the recipe if you do not fancy too much balsamic.
I usually have this served with salads as sides. Everything in a pot and No carbs!
skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1 tsp garlic salt
ground black pepper to taste
2 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, thinly sliced
1 can diced tomatoes
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp dried rosemary
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1. Season both sides of chicken breasts with garlic salt and pepper.
2. Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat; cook seasoned chicken breasts until chicken is browned, 3 to 4 minutes per side.
3. Add onion next. Cook and stir until onion is browned, 3 to 4 minutes.
4. Pour diced tomatoes and balsamic vinegar over chicken.
5. Add basil, oregano, rosemary and thyme. Simmer until chicken is no longer pink and the juices run clear, about 15 minutes.