When I was in bangkok, I had this Instant noodles spicy salad or Yum MAMA (ยำมาม่า) from a street stall. It was so good. Appetising, sour, spicy, tom yum spicy salad. You could choose to add many kind of meats and the stall lets you select for your dish 🙂 such as shrimp, squid, fish ball, mussel, and many more.
In this recipe, I use Shrimp tom yum flavour, MAMA brand. The most popular brand for instant noodles in Thailand. And my favourite. I had leftover mint in the fridge so I added that as well.
Ingredients :Serves 1
1 package of instant noodles – MAMA brand – shrimp tom yum flavor
40 g ground pork
2 tsp lime juice
2 tsp fish sauce
1 tsp sugar
Thai chili (to your liking)
1. Empty the 2 pkts of seasoning in the instant noodles into a bowl.Add the lime juice, fish sauce, shallots, sugar, chopped chilli into the bowl and mix well
2. Shape the ground pork into balls and cook them in boiling water. Remove when cook. Add them into the bowl with your sauces
3. Break the mince pork up and mix well. Add the sliced shallots
4. Cook the instant noodle in the same pot you were cooking the pork. Remove and add them into the same bowl
5. Add Cilantro into the bowl and mix everything together
6. And its ready. Serve