Lao Gan Ma is a spicy chilli oil that goes well as a dip, stir fry etc. I like it as my hotpot dip. A few spoons of it, add a little chilli padi, vinegar, cilantro…give it a good mix and its a great dip for my hotpot…
Today, however, we are going to go fusion with the pasta using Lao Gan Ma Chilli oil. Topped it up with a sunny side up and have the soft yolk coating the pasta…..
INGREDIENTS (Serves 2)
- 4/5 garlic cloves (sliced)
- 2/3 chilli padi (optional)
- 4/5 tbsp Lao Gan Ma Chilli
- 2 tbsp oil (not too much oil coz Lao Gan Ma has the chilli oil in there too)
- 2tbsp chinese wine
- Salt n pepper to adjust taste
- 180g spaghetti or linguine
- Bunch of cilantro, chopped
- Put In a pot of boiling water, cook 180g of Spaghetti or linguine according to pack instructions. Do not discard the pasta water. This is the magic to a great sauce.
- As the pasta is about to be ready, add 2 tbsp of cooking oil in a pan over medium low heat. Add in sliced garlic and chilli padi (optional) and cook until lightly browned.
- Add in the Lao Gan Ma chilli oil and rice wine. Mix well.
- Add in the pasta and a ladle of pasta water. Pasta water will help add a silky richness to your sauce and bring the dish together. Mix and make sure your pasta is well coated with the sauce.
- Add in the chopped cilantro, mix well and serve.