This is an absolutely refreshing and healthy dish to prepare. You could prepare this in advance or leave it for your guests to have a hands on experience to wrap their rolls.
I had included 2 types of sauces that you can dip with.
Ingredients Serves: 8
60g rice vermicelli or rice noodles
8 rice paper wrappers
8 large cooked prawns, peeled, deveined and cut in half
2 tablespoons chopped fresh Thai basil
3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves
3 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander leaves
2 lettuce leaves, chopped
1 tablespoon fish sauce
1/4 cup water
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
2 tablespoons caster sugar
1/2 teaspoon garlic-chilli sauce
3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
1 teaspoon finely chopped roasted peanuts
1 tablespoon peanut butter
1 tablespoon garlic
2/3 bird’s eye chilli
1 tablespoon sugar
5 tablespoon water
1. Bring a medium saucepan of water to the boil. Boil rice noodles or vermicilli for 3 to 5 minutes, or until al dente, and drain. Rinse thoroughly with cold water so they don’t stick together.
2. Fill a large shallow bowl with warm water. Dip one wrapper into the water for 1 second to soften. Lay wrapper on the bench and place 1 lettuce leaf, mint, a handful of noodles, basil, mint, coriander in a row across the centre, leaving about 5cm of the wrapper uncovered on each side. Place 2 halves of prawn in front of the veg.
3. Fold in uncovered sides of wrapper, then tightly roll to enclose the filling. Repeat with remaining rolls.
1. In a small bowl, mix the fish sauce, water, lime juice, garlic, sugar and garlic-chilli sauce.
1. A little oil in a saucepan, fry the chopped garlic.
2. Next, stir in the hoisin sauce and the peanut butter to a smooth consistency.
3. Add 5 Tbsp of water in and continue stirring
4. Add 1 Tbsp of sugar, continus stirring till sugar is melted.
5. Sauce is ready. Add the chilli and crushed roasted peanuts