Banoffee basically means toffee and bananas! 😃. Is simple, no bake recipe. And taste awesome
For the Caramel
380g – 400g Condensed Milk
For the Banoffee Pie
150g (Around 8 biscuits) digestive biscuits, crushed
2 large bananas, cut to slices
400ml whip cream, whipped until soft peaks form when the whisk is removed
cocoa powder for dusting
1. For the caramel, boil the can of condensed milk in a pot of water for 2 – 2.5hrs. Make sure the water covers the can. Whenever the water level drops, you can top it up. Take the can out to cool when done.
2. While the can is boiling, you can start preparing the banoffee pie. Place the crushed biscuits and add the butter and mix well.
3. Transfer the mixture to a 25cm/10in cake tin. Press in to pack the mixture evenly into the base.
4. Spread the cooled caramel mixture over the biscuit base.
5.Add the sliced bananas. I like to slightly push it into the caramel so that it covers the bananas
6.Transfer to the refrigerator to cool for 30 minutes.
7.Remove from the fridge and spread the whipped cream evenly over the top of the banoffee layer. Keep it refrigerated if you are not serving it immediately.
8. Dust with cocoa powder just before you serve.