This is a simple chinese dessert. The white fungus, red dates, almonds, and longan all have nourishing properties, and is good for your lungs and complexion.
You can have this hot or cold. I love to have it cold and it is so refreshing.
400g papaya (semi-ripen)
1 white fungus, soaked (if packet comes in smaller pieces, just use about 4/5pieces)
10g sweet almond
10g bitter almond
50g red dates
20g dried longan
135g rock sugar (I used yellow rock sugar in the picture)
2.5 liter water
1. Cut 400g papaya into chunks.
2. Cut 1 white soaked fungus into small pieces
3. Heat 2.5 liter water in a pot
4. When water comes to a boil, add in the white fungus pieces, 10g sweet almond, 10g bitter almond, 50g red dates, 20g dried longan and 150g rock sugar
5. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes
6. Add in papaya
7. Simmer for 15 minutes
8. Serve either hot or cold