A heartwarming bowl of yumminess. Every spoonful of rice soaked with the sauce, tender chicken pieces, caramalisied onions and soft egg.
Great to have it either lunch or dinner.
70 grams chicken leg
2 eggs, beaten
1 medium sized onion (35g), sliced
2/3 cups of steamed rice (depends on how much rice u like)
3 mitsuba leaf or scallions, chopped
80 ml stock
1 tablespoons soy sauce
½ tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon Mirin
1 tablespoon Sake
1. Cut the chicken leg into bite-sized chunks.
2. In a pot, add stock, soy sauce, sugar, and mirin and bring the mixture to boil.
3. Add the onion in a single layer and place the chicken on top of the onion. Cover and cook on medium heat until the chicken chunks are cooked.
4. Once the chicken chunks are cooked, pour in egg mixture. Cover the pot and simmer on low heat for about 30 seconds.
5. Carefully Pour out Oyako over a bowl of rice and garnish with mitsuba leaf or scallions