This dish is cooked using a wok.
You can choose to marinate the pork ribs beforehand or not. It will turn out just as good. Start slow braising the ribs and then towards the end, the sauce will caramelise.
1 kg pork ribs, cut into about 2 inch lengths
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoon minced ginger
2 tablespoons orange marmalade
1 tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 tablespoon Chinese wine
1 teaspoon white pepper
1/2 teaspoon soda bicarbonate (optional)helps to tenderise the meat as you cook, cutting down the cooking time
2 cups of water
2 tablespoon cooking oil
Coriander leafs for garnish
1. Mix the sauce. Taste it and adjust if you have to. You may marinate the pork ribs for around 2hours.
2. Heat up the oil in the wok. Add in the pork ribs and fry for about a minute.
3. Add the sauce, water and let it simmer for about 40 minutes or till it is tender
4. The sauce should thicken and your ribs would start to caremelise as the sauce reduce. If the sauce is still watery but the ribs are cooked, remove the ribs and reduce the sauce further. Then add the ribs back in to caremelise it.
5. Garnish with coriander leaves.