Thai basil pork is already one of my favourite dish with steamed rice.
Now, a little twist and we do a pasta.
4 garlic cloves
4 birds’ eye chillies (or to taste)
1 large mild chilli
2 tbsp vegetable oil
400g mince pork
50g finely sliced french beans
3 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp fish sauce
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp sugar
1 cup thai basil leaves
2 poached eggs, to serve
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil. When the water is boiling, add the pasta.
2. Use a mortar and pestle to pound the garlic, chillies and a pinch of salt to a very rough paste.
3. Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the garlic chilli paste and stir for 30 seconds. Then add the minced pork and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes or until just cooked. Toss through the green beans.
4. Add the oyster sauce, fish sauce, soy sauce and sugar. Stir-fry until just combined. Turn the heat off and toss through the basil leaves. Keep warm while the pasta finishes cooking.
5. Add the pasta is al dente. Turn the heat to high under the pork mixture and add the pasta straight into the pan. Toss the pasta in the sizzling pork sauce for 1-2 minutes or until thick and glossy (add in a little pasta cooking water if the mixture is too dry for your liking). Portion the pasta to serving plates. Top with a poached egg. Serve