This dish is good for lazy days where you need fast cooking. Everything into a pan and packed with flavours..You can have this with Mango Salsa. Taste amazing. Recipe here.
- 4 chicken thighs or drumstick or chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- juice of 1 lime plus additional lime wedges for serving
- chopped cilantro for garnish
- 2 cups uncooked basmati rice or white rice
- 4 cups chicken broth
1. Stir together chili powder, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper. Season chicken with half of the seasoning mixture and set remaining seasoning aside.
2. Add oil to a pan with and bring to medium heat. Cook chicken 3-4 minutes on each side until browned. Remove from pan.
3. Add rice, remaining seasonings, chicken broth, and lime juice to pan and stir to combine. Return chicken to pan on top of the rice. Cover and cook in high heat, turn down to medium heat when boiling. Around 20-25 minutes until liquid is dissolved. You may add more water if rice is still not cook.
4. Fluff the rice with a fork. Top with cilantro and squeeze fresh lime juice over the top. Serve immediately. Mango Salsa with Rice