Seems like it’s mango season. I saw there are so many mangoes in the fridge and mango salsa would be great for a refreshing dish.
You can have mango salso with nachos as a snack, goes well with chicken or grill fish as well. Sweet, tangy, citrus with a little heat….amazing on the palette.
We are having Salsa with One Pot Chicken with Cilantro and Lime Basmati Rice today.
- 2 large mangoes, diced small
- 1 large red bell pepper, cored, seeds removed and finely diced
- 1 large red onion, finely diced
- 1 medium jalapeno, seeds removed and finely diced (can replaced with green chilli as well)
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 lime, juice
1. Place the diced mango, bell pepper, onion, jalapeno/chilli and cilantro in a medium/large mixing bowl. Add a pinch of salt and lime juice over top, gently toss to coat.
2. Enjoy right away or let it rest for 30 minutes so flavors can mingle.
3. Serve with chips, or as a condiment or side to any complimentary meal, quinoa/rice, burritos, chicken, grill fish
Mango Salsa on Chicken Cilantro Lime Basmati Rice