This fish recipe only takes 10 minutes to cook, start to finish. A combination of orange and lemon, capers, white wine and then finished it with a bit of butter.
I prefer using white fish for this recipe, served with arugula salad with balsamic dressing as the side and a glass of white wine.
For the white wine, I would cook the fish with the choice of white wine I would like to have with my meal ;).
2 fish fillet patted dry
salt and pepper
2 teaspoons olive oil
1/2 orange (slice 1/4 of the orange into thin slices, the rest will be used for juice)
1/2 lemon (slice 1/4 of the lemon into thin slices, the rest will be used for juice)
1 teaspoon capers (drained)
4 tablespoons white wine
2 teaspoons butter
Parsley for garnishing
1. Season the fish on both sides with salt and pepper.
2. Add olive oil to a hot skillet and sear the fish fillet on one side.
3. When you see the color of the fish change from opaque to white creep up to halfway up the sides of the fillet, flip the fish over.
4. Add in the wine, orange/lemon slices, capers and the butter. Squeeze the remaining orange and lemon juice into the pan.
5. When the sauce begins to bubble, turn heat to medium-low and cook until the fish is cooked through, about 1-2 minutes.
6. Garnished with fresh parsley and the dish can be served.