It is time for salad again. I always like to include a day or two in a week with salads. It is just to have a balance in our diet especially when we had overindulged the past few days.
Salads are easy to prepare. Refreshing and clean diet.
Ingredients: Serves 2
450 grams grilled top sirloin or rib eye steak
1 packet of baby spinach leaves (I bought these packed from the supermarket)
1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
1/2 cup fresh cilantro
1 thinly sliced yellow onion
8 cherry tomatoes cut in halves
*For the mint leaves and cilantro, you may adjust the quantity to your liking. I actually add more than 1/2 a cup.
5 tablespoons lime juice
4 tablespoons fish sauce
Sugar to taste, I usually start with 1/2 tsp
1- 2 red birds eye chilies (aka chilli padi), sliced
1. Preheat a pan on high heat until very hot. Add a bit of cooking oil and spread it evenly across the bottom. Put the steak in and let it sit in the pan for around a minute. Flip the steak over and repeat.
2. Reduce heat to medium and cook to your liking. Wrap the meat in aluminum foil and allow resting for about 10 minutes before thinly slicing across the grain.
3. Whisk the fish sauce, lime juice, bird’s eye chilies (aka chilli padi) and sugar to taste. If you like it spicy, you can add more chilli.
4. In a big bowl, toss the mint leaves, cilantro, onions and cherry tomatoes and mix well with the dressing.
5. Prepare a bed of spinach on the serving plate, serve the salad mix on top of the bed of spinach, together with the sliced beef and drizzle some of the dressing over