Thai basil chicken or pork (u can use either) is one of the most popular dish found at the Thai streets. It is easy to prepare and fast to cook.
This will goes well with steam rice and a fried egg by the side. You can replace chicken with pork as well.
A fast and easy option for lunch.
2 tbsp oil
4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
2 shallots, finely chopped
280g ground chicken/pork
1 1/4 tbsp fish sauce
1 tsp sugar or to taste
1/2 tsp dark soy sauce
1 tsp oyster sauce
1 big bunch Thai basil leaves, stems removed
6 bird’s eye chilies, chopped and
1. Add the oil into a heated wok, follow by the chopped garlic and chilli
2. Stir fry the garlic and chilli until aromatic, then add the ground meat into the wok. Use the spatula to quickly stir-fry and break the ground chicken/pork into small lumps. Add some water if needed.
3. When the meat changes color, toss in the fish sauce, sugar, oyster sauce and dark soy sauce. Stir to combine well.
4. Add in the basil leaves and do a few quick stirs until the basil leaves wilted and you smell the fragrance of the basil leaves.
5. Do a final stir, dish out and serve immediately.