I found a full box of miso paste in the fridge and decided let’s do a miso dressing for salad today.
You need the extra firm tofu else it will just break apart when you try to handle it on the frying pan.
1 block extra firm tofu
2 tsp cooking oil
3 tsp miso paste + 3 tsp hot water, mix together
1 tsp soy sauce
1 tbsp water
1/2 tsp sesame oil
1/2 tsp sugar
1 tbsp olive oil for salad
1 packet of mix greens or any greens you prefer
1. Cut the tofu block into 1/2″ thick slices and with towel, pat each slice tofu dry on both sides.
2. In a bowl, add just 1/2 of the miso and brush the tofu on one side with some of the miso.
3. Heat a frying pan over medium-high heat. When hot, drizzle in the cooking oil and add the tofu, miso side down. Cook for 2-3 minutes until browned. Brush the top of the tofu with more miso. Carefully flip the tofu and cook for 2-3 minutes.
4. Whisk together the remaining miso, soy sauce, ginger, water, sesame oil, olive oil and sugar. This is for the dressing.
5. Serve the grilled tofu slice on top of your preferred greens and miso salad dressing.