Sometimes you just crave for something spicy, with basil, top with mint, cilantro, lime etc. Its got to be this!.
Easy dish and satisfying.
For the chicken & marinade:
About 2 Chicken drumstick including thigh
2 tablespoons water
2 teaspoon soy sauce
2 teaspoons cornstarch
For the sauce:
1 1/2 teaspoons brown sugar, dissolved in 1 tablespoon hot water
3 teaspoons soy sauce
2 teaspoon dark soy sauce
1 tablespoon fish sauce
2 teaspoons oyster sauce
pinch of ground white pepper
For the rest of ingredients:
3 tablespoons vegetable or canola oil
250g wide dried rice noodles
3 cloves garlic, sliced
¼ teaspoon fresh grated ginger
4 shallots, sliced (about 1/3 cups)
2 scallion, julienned into 3-inch pieces
8 Thai red chili peppers, deseeded and julienned
1 cup loosely packed holy basil or Thai basil
2 tablespoons Shaoxing wine
Bunch of Chye Sim (your fav veg)
1. Work the two tablespoons of water into the chicken with your hands until the chicken absorbs the liquid. Add the soy sauce, oil and cornstarch, and mix until the chicken is evenly coated. Set aside for around 20 minutes.
2. Follow the directions on the rice noodle package to prepare your noodles. Drain them and set aside.
3. Stir together the sauce ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
4. Heat the wok until it’s close to smoking, and add 2 tablespoons of oil. Add the chicken and until it’s about 90% cooked. Remove from the wok and set aside.
5. Continue with the wok on high heat and add 1 tablespoon of oil, along with the garlic and grated ginger. After a few seconds, add the shallots. Stir fry for 20 seconds and add the scallions, chili peppers, basil, Veg and shaoxing wine
6. Stir-fry for another 20 seconds and add in the rice noodles. Mix everything for until the noodles warm up. Careful not to break thenoodles too much when mixing.
7. Next, add the sauce mixture and stir-fry at the highest heat for about 1 minute until the noodles are uniform in color. Add the seared chicken and stir-fry for another 1 to 2 minutes.
8. Serve your Drunken Noodles Pad Kee Mao immediately. You may add chilli oil if you like it spicier.