This is my take on a Sunday roast. Chicken is basted in peppery honey marinade which totally melds into the skin.
Have a salad with a tangy dressing would go well. And of course, your favourite white wine. 😆
1 whole chicken, about 1.5kg
250 – 300ml water
1 tsp garlic, chopped
1 tbsp frsh lemon juice
1 tbsp fish sauce
1 tsp freshly grounded black pepper
1 tbsp honey
1. Slit the skin of the chicken and rub the marinate under the skin. Leave a small amount for basting the chicken later
2. Wrap the chicken in clingfilm and leave in the fridgr for at least an hour
3. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Remove the chicken from clingfilm.
4. Pour the water into the baking tray, then place the roasting rack in the tray. Sit the chicken on top. The water in the baking tray will produce steam to keep cgicken moist during cooking
5. Roast the chicken in oven for 1hr 20mins or until cooked.
6. Every 15mins or so, brushed the chicken with the remaining marinade to keep it moist.
7. To check if chicken is cooked, insert a sharp knife or metal skewer into thickest part of one of the thighs. If the juices run clear, the chicken is ready. If pink juices, return chicken to oven for another 10mins.
8. Serve with salad for a healthy meal.