Ingredients: Serves 8
2 eggplant, diced 1cm
3 red/yellow capsicum, diced 1cm
1 yellow onion, peeled and diced 1cm
2 zucchini, diced 1cm
10 garlic clove, peeled and finely chopped
A bunch of basil leaves, roughly chopped (about 1 cup)
A bunch of cilantro, roughly chooped (about 1 cup)
800mL tomato purée
400ml peeled whole tomato
Dried oregano (to taste)
Extra virgin olive oil
1. Place a saucepan on medium heat and add olive oil, the chopped garlic and fry until golden brown,tomato purée and peeled whole tomatoes and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat, simmer and reduce.
2. Leave the sauce to reduce and prepare the rest of the dish.
3. Place frypan on heat and add olive oil, add eggplant and cook until coloured and almost soft, drain eggplant and set aside.
4. Do the same for onion, capsicum and zucchini.
5. Add all the vegetables to the reduced tomato, add basil, add cilantro. Mix well.
6. Add dried oregano and black pepper. Mix well.
7. Serve with bread, pasta or pan fried salmon.