1 bunch of Kale
1 cup quinoa
Salt to taste
2-3 Curry leaves
1/2tsp tumetic powder
1/2tsp paprika powder
1/2 cup pine nuts
1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
Preparing the Kale:
1 full bunch of Kale, stalks removed and discarded, leaves thinly sliced
For the dressing:
1 lemon (cut down to 1/2 lemon if you don’t like it too sour), juiced
Pinch of salt
Sugar or Honey
1. Combine all ingredients for dressing into a bowl. Adjust the dressing to taste accordingly.
2. Add the kale into the bowl and massage the kale with your hands for at least 1 min together with the dressing
3. Keep in fridge while u prepare the rest
Preparing the rest of Salad components:
1. Bring quinoa to a boil following the instructions on packaging. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes, until all liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat and let sit 5 more minutes with lid on. Fluff with a fork.
2. Heat up some oil. Add curry leaves and fry for 30 secs. Next, add tumric powder and fry for 10secs.
3. Next add the paprika, fry for about 10secs followed by the cooked quinoa.
4. Add the Kale you had prepared earlier and mix them together.
5. Mix in the cilantro, remove from heat and adjust salt and lemon juice accordingly to taste.
6. Add in the pine nuts and a box of raisins. Serve and enjoy!