Simple recipe and absolutely delicious.
Chicken 1 whole
Salt 2 tsp
Chicken powder 2 tsp
Uncooked rice 1/4 cup
Chinese tea leaves 1/2 cup
Sugar 2 Tbsp
1. Marinade chicken with salt and chicken powder. Leave in fridge for 6 hrs or overnight
2. Steam the chicken for 30 mins. Keep the chicken dripping
3. Line the wok with aluminum foil and add the tea, rice and sugar
4. Place the chicken directly on the steaming rack. Cover the wok. Turn on the burner. Once smoke appears, smoke chicken for 8 mins or until it turns to a nice bronze colour
5. Rest for 10 mins. Chop the chicken and serve with chicken dripping.