Traditional French salad Lyonnaise, it is with frisee lettuce, bacon, croutons, a poached egg, and a Dijon vinaigrette.
However, today I used a mix of my favourite greens.
Ingredients: Serves 4
8 slices of streaky bacon
2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
4 large eggs
8 cups salad greens, torn into bite sized pieces
Salt and grounded black pepper to taste
1. Cook the bacon in a skillet over medium heat until crisp.Transfer the bacon to a paper towel.
2. Move the skillet away from the heat and stir in 1 tablespoons of vinegar, scraping up any browned bits clinging to the skillet. (You can skip this step for a healthier salad and just go to Step 3)
3. Pour the mixture into a large bowl and whisk in mustard, salt and pepper to taste, olive oil and the balance of vinegar.
4. Next poached the eggs. You can see poach egg recipe here.
5. While the eggs are being poached. Start plating up. Toss the greens with the dressing and bits of bacon.
6. Divide the salad to 4 shallow bowls. Gently scoop the eggs, blot dry with a paper towel, and place 2 of them on top of each salad.