This is my version of fried rice. Fried rice is really so versatile and you can used whatever you see in your fridge honestly. And it is the best way to clear any left over rice.
Today, I’m using spam and french beans. I love to use french beans for that crunch with my rice. You can used frozen mixed vegetables as well. I’m not a fan of small peas in the mixed vegetables so I don’t like to use it.
I always love that golden yellow egg fried rice. So I’m going to do it this way today.
- 4 cups overnight steamed rice
- 2 1/2 oil
- 4 egg yolk
- 4 whole egg plus white from other eggs (beat)
- 5 Cloves garlic, minced
- 200g spam, cut into small cubes
- 1 packet of french beans, cut to small size, diced
- 4 Spring onions, diced
- 1 1/2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1/2 tsp seasame oil
- 3 dashes white pepper
1. Break up the lumpy overnight rice with the back of the spoon or fork, or with your hand. Add the 4 egg yolks into the rice and mix well. Mix till each kernal of rice is coated with egg
2. Mix all the ingredients for the Seasonings in a small bowl.
3. Heat up a pan, add a little oil and fry the eggs (the whole eggs plus the whites from the other egg). Cook it as it you are frying scramble eggs. Leave it 70% cooked (looks like wet scrambled egg). Off the flame. Leave it in the pan, set aside
4. Heat a wok with the remaining 2 tablespoons oil and stir-fry the garlic until aromatic. Add the spam pieces and stir-fry until light brown before adding the french beans. Stir to combine well.
5. Add in the rice and toss it over medium heat. Add the Seasonings into the wok, blending it well with the rice and ingredients. Return the cooked scrambled eggs into the wok and combine with the rice. If you like the wok hei, you can continue to toss it.
6. Add in the spring onions and after a quick stir, Remove from pan immediately and serve.