I always enjoy a good egg tart. With the right pastry and the wobbly ,not too firm custard. Makes a good tea time.
For this easy recipe, no oven is needed and I promise you it taste awesome.
Ingredients: 8 egg tarts
70ml hot water
3 medium size eggs
120g plain flour
70g salted butter
8 metal tart mould
1. Dissolve the sugar in the hot water. Set aside to cool
2. Beat the eggs and strain into the cooled sugar syrup.
3. Rub the butter into the flour to crumbs
4. From the egg mixture, take 1 – 2tbsp into flour & butter mixture till it becomes a dough. Do this a little at a time and stop when it becomes a dough.
5. Divide the dough into 8 portions (about 25g per portion). Roll it into balls
6. Put each dough into the tart mould and shape it into the mould.
7. Prepare 2 saucepan. Line with aluminium foil. Note: If the base of saucepan is too thin, double the foil
This is just to show how I placed my moulds in the saucepan. Of coz it should be mould with the tart dough ya.
8. Put 4 tart mould into each saucepan. Cover, low fire for 8mins.
9. Spoon in the egg mixture . Cover for another 8mins, low fire until the egg is set. Note: do note overcook the egg else it will be hard.
10. Take it out carefully onto a cooling tray. When cool just gently tap it out of the mould.