This is my own version of Stir fry Mee Tai Mak. Came home from work late one night, remembered I had Mee Tai Mak in the fridge, decide to just go for it.
Turned out pretty good and satisfying. Easy dish…
Ingredients serves 2
250g Mee Tai Mak (if its packet off the shelf, pour some hot water to loosen it)
150g minced pork
3/4 garlic clove chopped
8 french beans, cut small, diced
1 tbsp fish sauce
2 tbsp dark soy sauce
5 chilli padi (adjust to your desired spice level. Optional)
1 tbsp rice wine (shao xing or hua teow)
Dash white pepper
Pinch of salt
1. Marinate the pork, mix well and set aside for around 15mins.
2. Add oil to frying pan. Once hot, throw in the garlic. Add the chilli padi as well. Fry it till fragrant. Make sure not to burn the garlic.
3. Next add in the minced pork. Make sure that it does not clump together. Sort of chopped it up while you fry and mix them. Add the fish sauce and mix well.
4. Add the french beans to the pan. Mix well.
5. Lastly add in the mee tai mak. Add the dark soy sauce. Mix well. I added a last dash or rice wine just before I take it out of the pan.
6. Serve hot.