Easy stir fry with beef and broccoli. Goes will with steamed rice. Popular take out dish.
- 16 oz beef tenderloin, flank steak or flap meat, cut into stir fry pieces (500 g)
- 6 oz broccoli (175 g) ~ around 1 bunch
- water, for boiling
- 2 1/2 tablespoons oil
- 2inches ginger, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoon rice wine
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil,
- 6 dashes white pepper
- 2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoon corn starch
- 8 tablespoons water
1. Marinate the beef with all the ingredients for the Marinade, about 15 -20 minutes.
2. Bring the water to boil and add a few drops of oil. Blanch the broccoli florets in the hot water, about 10 seconds. Remove the broccoli immediately with a strainer or slotted spoon, draining the excess water. Set aside.
3. Heat 2 tablespoon of oil in a wok over high heat. Stir-fry the beef until 70% cooked. Dish out and set aside.
4. Heat more oil in a wok over high heat. Add the ginger and stir-fry until aromatic. Transfer the beef into the wok stir-fry until the beef is cooked through and the center of the meat is no longer pink. Add the broccoli and then the Sauce, stir to combine the ingredients well.
5. As soon as the sauce thickens, dish out and serve immediately.