Another easy dish that goes well with steamed rice.
- 1 box firm tofu or 1 block bean curd
- 250g minced pork
- 5 shitake mushrooms, soaked in warm water for 20-30 minutes
- 1 stalk scallion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sweet soy sauce (ABC Kecap Manis)
- 1/2 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chinese wine
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons water + 1 teaspoon corn starch
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 dash white pepper
1. Cut the bean curd into pieces and pat dry with paper towels. Deep fry the bean curd until light to golden brown, dish out and drain with paper towels. Set aside
2. Heat up the claypot and add 1 tablespoon of oil. Stir-fry the chopped garlic until aromatic and toss in the ground pork, do a quick stir before adding the mushrooms and the fried bean curd.
3. Add all seasonings and water and cover the claypot with its cover. Lower the heat to low and let it braise for 15 minutes.
4. Add in the corn starch mixture to thicken the sauce. Toss in the chopped scallion and serve immediately.