Using Orange Juice gives the dish a citrusy sweetness. Helps cut the fattiness of the pork ribs. This dish is easy to prepare and absolutely delicious.
- 700gm pork spare ribs
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 1 tsp finely chopped garlic
- 2 tsp white cooking wine
Ingredients of sauce:
- 1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice, sifted
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 Tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp raw sugar
- 1/2 tsp orange zest (only the orange part)
- Rinse pork ribs and wipe dry with kitchen papers. Season with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Use a claypot or a large saucepan. Pour in the sauce and bring it to a boil over medium heat.
- While heating sauce, brown pork ribs on a frying pan until both sides are lightly golden. Push pork ribs to sides of pan, add a bit more of oil and saute grated ginger and garlic until fragrant. Sprinkle wine.
- Quickly stir to combine all ingredients. Transfer to the boiling sauce and cover with a lid. Cook until it boils again. Reduce heat and simmer for 2 hours, or until sauce reduced to about 1/5, thickened, and the pork is softened and caramelized. Serve hot with steamed rice.