I have craving for this dish. Common dish that ladies have during their confinement after giving birth. Well, I think we can have this all the time. Sweet, sour sauce with the soft well braised pork trotters, heavenly…
- 1.8 kg pork trotters, (mix of front and hind legs)
- 400 g young ginger or old ginger (mix) peeled and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 6 hard boiled eggs shells removed (adjust to the number you like)
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 750 ml water
- 750 ml bull dog brand “Shuang Liao” black vinegar
- 250 g gula melaka (adjust accordingly)
- 8 dried chilli (optional)
- Cut trotters into 2 inch pieces.
- Scald pork with boiling water to remove scum, then drain.
- Use a claypot (do not use metal pots) on med-high heat and add sesame oil.
- Stir-fry ginger until fragrant.
- Add in the pork trotters and fry it together with the ginger fir a bit
- Pour in vinegar and water.
- Bring to boil and add gula melaka.
- Cover and allow to simmer until gula melaka has dissolved (5-10 minutes)
- And eggs, then bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer, and allow to simmer until pork is tender.
- About an hour.
- Skim off fats before serving.